Saturday, June 20, 2009

Exploring with Preschoolers

After a trip to Kid's Kingdom Park proved un-do-able after two busloads of 'big kids' (elementary age day camp) arrived and began swarming over the entire park, we crossed the street along the river and 'went exploring'!











They loved climbing the steps up to the Visitor's Center and back down again, and again, and again. I finally bribed them by telling them there was another bridge coming up!







They opted to bypass the second bridge to 'explore this way', so off we went.









One of their greatest discoveries...a turtle and a squirrel!

We finally made it back to the second bridge....they saw a turtle swimming down below.



Then they saw ducks down below...

Rock climbing!


Refreshment!



It was a GREAT morning, exploring along the Concho River with a 3 year old and a 4 year old!

3 comments:

Melynda said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. I miss him! I see they are wearing matching orange shorts... I had bought both of those thinking Jordan might be Leo from Little Einsteins for Halloween and that I didn't know if I'd be able to find orange shorts later!

Anonymous said...

I thought the orange shorts were so Nana would not lose them. I enjoyed the pics. Lucy

Diane said...

Actually, Lucy, you are right! When Tater came over wearing his orange shorts (hand-me-downs from Jordan), I remembered seeing orange shorts in Jordan's bag. So I dressed him in them thinking it would be much easier to keep up with them at the park! Kid's Kingdom has a huge wooden castle-like structure right in the middle, and it is hard to keep up with the kids. It's amazing how visible those orange shorts were from the opposite side (for the 15 or 20 minutes that we stayed at the park)! It also made for really cute pictures!