Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jenni!

See this precious baby girl?

This is Jenni, my first-born.
Jenni, my precocious preschooler.
Jenni, my bright, bouncing little girl.
Jenni, my on-the-go junior-higher.
Jenni, my singing/studious high schooler.
Jenni, my daughter who has grown into a beautiful young lady,
a loving wife, an awesome mom,
and a fantastic, caring middle-school teacher!
Jenni, who has become the godly woman I always prayed she would be.


Today is her birthday, and I just want to tell her how much I love her,
how proud I am of her, how I admire her determination and independence.


There will be times when she feels victorious.
There will be times when she feels defeated.
There will be times when she feels elated.
There will be times when she feels depressed.


But every time, God is there for her.
And she knows He is there.
She seeks Him and He is there.


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me,
and I will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
(Jeremiah 29:11-13)


Happy Birthday, sweet daughter of mine!




2 comments:

Jenni said...

Thank you Mommy. I really needed that!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I use to hold this little baby while she slept in my arms; she is now a wonderful lady. Jenni, you have grown into a very special person. I am proud of all you have accomplished.