Sunday, April 27, 2008

Finding Old Journal Entries

I've been going through pictures again. This time I was looking through pictures and journals from my trip to the Ukraine in 1995. In the middle of the spiral notebook I used as a daily journal on the trip, I found a random writing from May 21, 1992. (Don't ask!?!?)

We've made it through the first year of junior high! Jenni adjusted to junior high life much better than I expected. I think Sara's extrovert personality helped. Last week was Jenni's awards program. She has received straight A's all year. Tonight she had a choir concert. I know you shouldn't compare, but I can't help it. Jenni is one of the more mature seventh graders. And one of the prettiest! Of course, she doesn't think so, and what do I know? Also, she sings better than most. She has certainly enjoyed being in choir this year. She made All-City Choir, and she received a "1" on her solo at UIL Solo & Ensemble. She will go far with her voice.

Thank you, Lord, for Jenni...for her voice & musical talent, for her being herself, for her love for you.

Now, sixteen years later, Jenni teaches at the very same school she attended when I wrote this. She did go far with her voice, but she went even further in being herself. She discovered a love for teaching...teaching English...teaching English to seventh graders. Wow! God has given her the opportunity to influence young lives in a positive way at a very crucial time in their lives. She has also discovered the joy of being a mommy. God blessed her with a precious little boy who is cute, smart, funny...and she is a wonderful mommy! She sometimes struggles to find the balance between finding the time to be the parent she needs to be to Tater and being the teacher she needs to be for her students. But all working mothers have struggled with this, and she will find her balance.

I thank God for Jenni and for her love for Him. And I pray that He continues to show her His plan for her life and guide her toward hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Thank you mommy! I had an incredibly good example of a good working mom... Thank you for praying for em all these years. And that is definitely "my verse" :)