Thursday, April 3, 2008

Why?

"Why do people feel the need to blog?" Kerry asked me this question the other night. As I began to answer, I realized there are many reasons people blog. It just all depends on the blogger. I won't go into all the reasons I came up with...I'm sure you can come up with your own list if you are at all interested in the why. I will just tell you why I blog.

I used to call it "writing", then it became "journaling". I used to write my thoughts, poems, stories, etc. in a spiral notebook, then I started typing them on the computer. One of these days when I'm gone, the girls will find all my little pieces of writing all over the place...in spiral notebooks, in folders in my filing cabinet, on my computer. Dana told me the other day it wasn't "blogging" unless it was on the web; since my stuff is in Word, it was "dlogging". So be it. I will become official...I will blog my writing, my journaling, and post it on the web.

I actually am not a novice to blogging. I started a blog for our Venezuela work. But it's not really mine. It belongs to everyone who has ever had a part...or a heart...for our evangelistic work called Venezuela Vision. (You can read it at www.venezuelavision.blogspot.com.) This blog will be mine. I will write new stuff; I will go through my files and spirals and type in stuff I've written in the past; I will dream; I will reminisce; I will brag about grandchildren!

And so it begins.......

No comments: