Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blogging Catch-Up

During my two-month lapse from blogging, there really was plenty to blog about, just no time in which to do it! Today I happen to have the day to myself, so my goal is to do at least two blogs of things that happened between early January and early April.

I had planned to work in the yard today. The forecast was for rain in the afternoon and evening, but I figured I could get some plants in the ground this morning before it started raining. (I am saying all this because I have so much FAITH in the weather forecasters! Bad idea!) It is now 2:50 in the afternoon, and I have not even set foot in the backyard! First of all, I woke up around 4:15 this morning hearing the sprinkler system....it's supposed to run in the wee hours of the morning on Monday and on Friday...I had it set on Thursday. What that really meant was that the ground in the flowerbeds would be too wet....we have so much clay in our soil that if it is too wet, it is impossible to work with...it's like working with clay, imagine that! Then it was cloudy all morning and sprinkled and spit like it was actually getting ready to rain. Now, this afternoon, the sun and the clouds are playing their own little game of chase, there is no rain, and the wind is blowing...forever blowing.

BUT, my house is clean, there's a cake in the oven for Kerry's meeting tonight, and I have time to blog!

No comments: