Sunday, May 4, 2008

Who Needs Classy Cleaners?

Last year, the week of Dana's wedding, I hired "Classy Cleaners" to come and clean. Wow! Did they clean...everything from floors and baseboards to air vents and ceiling fans. They did everything with the exception of windows and anything "behind a closed door" such as closets and cabinets. Of course, they were well paid for their services...their regular cleaning fee which is equal to about six month's worth of normal biweekly cleaning. Granted they came in with a team of about six or seven, and they had this house clean, top to bottom, in about 5 hours. But they also drive around in Cadillac Escalades. I decided I wouldn't do that again.

So...I started cleaning. Now I don't particularly like to clean, but once I get started, I sort of get into it and can really get after it. Just ask Kerry....or my girls. I become a regular cleaning machine! I must confess, though, it took me a little longer than 5 hours. I started on Tuesday and finished up on Saturday. It takes a little longer when you have a 2-year-old in the house from 7:30am to nearly 5:00pm. But my house is clean! The baseboards, the ceiling fans, tops of the door frames even! I managed to clean out the pantry, utility room, my closet...even the guest bedroom closet! I've been avoiding that one...it looked like Hobby Lobby had exploded in there! And the top drawer in my chest of drawers which is pretty much a catch-all junk drawer. Well, it had certainly been catching all of my junk! It is now clean!

What I'm saying is...who needs Classy Cleaners? I can clean, and I like to consider myself as somewhat classy! And I'm not nearly so expensive. I would only charge half of what CC charged...I wonder if Kerry would pay me? Probably not...then he would charge me for the meals he cooked while I was in "high cleaning gear" and didn't want to stop for anything...although I did manage to stop to eat!

The only thing I haven't tackled yet are the windows. I'm hoping to get Kerry to help me on that one...after he finishes his list...the one I made for him!

No comments: