Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Jesus, I Love Thee

How many times have I sung this song....My Jesus I love Thee, I know Thou art mine.

We sang it this morning in church...all four verses. And there it was, hidden down in the third verse, a phrase that I don't ever remember noticing before.  I'll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death...now, here it is....And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath!

When I asked Jesus to be Lord of my life, I turned over all rights to Him in exchange for His saving grace and endless mercy. My breath is not even my own! My God and Creator gave me breath, but it is not mine to keep. It is in His keeping, and He allows me to continue to breathe that I might continue to praise Him!

Now that is good stuff, my friends! Good stuff!! 

Thank you, Jesus....I love thee, I know Thou art mine....and I thank you for lending me breath so that I might praise You!

No comments: