Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sisters and Babies

Being an aunt is one of those wonderful roles I have enjoyed playing so much for the last (how old are you, Maggie?) years! I love my nieces and nephews SO much and have enjoyed watching them grow up over the years. And one of the best parts is watching some of them become parents! Mommies to be exact, since none of the nephews have kids yet. But four of my nieces have become mommies, and I have found that being a 'great'-aunt is just as wonderful!! 

Last Friday, on our way to the metroplex to see the kids and g'kids there, my niece, Sharon, was in labor. I anxiously checked my phone for updates as we traveled. Then sometime after 3:00, I got the word...."Amelia Lylan is 8# 3oz and 21 in. Pictures later"....that coming from my big brother who in two and a half years managed to get FOUR grandchildren!  (His two daughters had the privilege of sharing their pregnancies together since last spring, and Lara had Baby Penny 7 weeks ago!)

So here was a new baby in Waco....and here we were up in the metroplex....what would it hurt to take a little detour on the way home to see....and hold....that precious little bundle?


Isn't she just a precious little doll? And she has just the perfect little mouth....just like a rosebud, as Sharon says!


And Sharon is doing great.....she is going to be a wonderful mommy.

One of the neatest things I witnessed while visiting with Sharon....she got a call from Lara, who had taken Baby Penny to the doctor and found out she has RSV :(  .....but it was so wonderful listening to these two sisters talk to each other as mommies! I just had to smile. They are going to have such great times and make many wonderful memories together as they raise their families together.




Here's a pic of Baby Penny.....sorry the pic is so small...I 'stole' it off Lara's Facebook page!
Praying that she gets over the RSV soon!!

I love you, Sharon!  I love you, Lara!

No comments: