Thursday, January 14, 2010

Top Ten Thursday

Time for a bullet list!!
  • Went out without my coat today....just because I could! For the first time in WEEKS, it was not so cold outside that I had to bundle myself up like an eskimo. It was 51 when I left the house at 8:45! I've rather enjoyed being able to wear my coat and scarf more often, but it was a nice change.
  • Worked this morning then got in on a free lunch for the church staff....not a bad deal! Finally got my computer moved over to my desk, away from the window that leaks cold air...much better situation! Put the little space heater back in the closet. Right next to the little fan which comes in handy for my "little personal summers" that hit from time to time!
  • After work, and after getting Tater at MDO, I went by and picked up Caleb & Connor and brought them home with us for the afternoon. I let them run wild and crazy for about half an hour before I got Tater & Connor down for naps, then Caleb and I played Wii......such fun! Later, Carey & Carter came over while their house was being shown, and Carter did his little "Carter Chance Baby Dance"....TOO CUTE!!  BTW, he's going to be crawling very soon!
  • "If you like to talk to tomatoes, If a squash can make you smile, If you like to waltz with potatoes Up and down the produce aisle...."  Yes, we've been listening to Veggie Tales in the car....it's great!  My favorite is Larry the Cucumber singing "Oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh wherrrrrrrre.....is my hairbrush!?!?"
  • Found out today that Missy (Kerry's niece) went home from the hospital yesterday. She's been in the hospital since Christmas Day with meningitis and various other infections and ailments. She's still very sick, but at least she's home. Thank you, God!
  • My niece, Sharon, went to the hospital today with very strong contractions! In fact, she may be pushing even as I type! She is having a girl, though she is keeping the name a secret. Praying she has an easy and quick delivery and everyone is healthy!
  • My other niece, Lara, who is Sharon's sister, had her baby girl, Penny, on Dec. 1. She has been on maternity leave and has to go back to work next week. So now she will have a chance to go see her new baby niece this weekend before she has to go back to work! Nice how all that worked out!
  • And yes, this does indeed make me a great-aunt! But then, I'm hoping I've always been a 'great' aunt! ;)
  • Had our first board meeting for Venezuela Vision tonight. Awesome! It's going to be great to have a group helping us and Buck do all we've been doing on our own. Kerry is the Board President; I am an ex-oficio member. But I will be in charge of setting up a website....guess I'd better go take a Dreamweaver course at ASU! I think I'll also be doing a newsletter. That's okay....that's what I like to do, so it'll be great!
  • Gotta start thinking about packing for the weekend.....we're heading to the metroplex to see the kids/grandkids!  (So here's a disclaimer/warning....I may not be able to blog every day! But I promise I'll post something special for each day when I get back!)

No comments: